The main frame is one of the basic items when building a work/project. With the special properties, structures and functions of the enemy depending on the purpose of use and the object of experience, each project will have a special bearing steel frame structure. In this article, DDC will provide an overview and complete information about the main frameworks.
1. What is the main frame?
The main frame, also known as the bearing frame, is an important structural item that supports the entire weight of a building or industrial infrastructure project. Any industrial infrastructure project/project has a main frame, because it is an indispensable core foundation.
2. What components does the main framework consist of?
The main frame structure will include all steel structural elements that help transfer the load onto the foundation. In particular, the main frame system includes: columns and trusses made from steel structures capable of bearing and overcoming large spans.
- Column: The steel column in the main frame of the infrastructure structure, also known as the compression bar, consists of 3 parts: the column head, the column body and the column foot, which is responsible for supporting other structures such as beams, truss and transmitting loads. from those structures down to the foundation of the house.
- Truss: this is a part of the roof that functions to support with purlins (subframe). In addition, the rafter is also responsible for linking the roof with other parts, reinforcing the certainty of the roof and increasing the aesthetic value of the building.
3. Function and principle of force transmission of main frame
The main frame is understood as an important component, which is the supporting backbone, the fulcrum of the force transmission parts and the covering system of a building. The main frame in particular and the steel structure bearing frame in general have principles of force transmission when designing, it is necessary to divide the impact force reasonably to ensure a solid element. The operating principle consists of two main principles:
- Static loads: These are forces that are applied statically during the construction and installation of steel structures. Static loads acting on floor structures, or reinforced concrete.
- Dynamic loads: If the static loads are the forces already acting by the inherent building structure, then the dynamic loads are the forces acting from the outside to the building structure, then transmitted to the foundation system and transmission to the ground.
4. How many types of structures does the main frame have?
Depending on the requirements of the investor/business owner or general contractor and the purpose of use, the work/project will have an appropriate structural diagram. Normally, the main frame structure will have 3 types including: load-bearing horizontal frame, load-bearing vertical frame and load-bearing rolling frame.
4.1 Load-bearing horizontal frame steel structure:
- This is a type of bearing steel frame where the main beam is located above the horizontal frame of the building. This type of diagram is suitable to be applied in industrial infrastructure, prefabricated factories, high-rise buildings.
- The structure of the frame will depend on the connection properties between the main beam and the column and between the column and the foundation, which we will distinguish between the frame and the rigid frame.
- Rigid frames are often applied to flat, uniform settlements, high-rise buildings, and heavy loads.
- In contrast, the joint frame is used for houses built on the ground with uneven settlement, uneven soil.
4.2 Load-bearing longitudinal frame steel structure:
- This load-bearing steel frame structure has a main beam located along the length of the building; common in projects with assembled panel frames such as schools, hospitals, etc.
- Vertical frames will often need additional beams to support the force, ensuring stability. Or take advantage of the vertical spine of the panels connected to the column beams. 5.The bearing vertical frame has a special structure, easy to shape the railing, balcony, so it is optimal in terms of materials, easy to arrange flexibly in pipeline work.
4.3 Bearing rolling frame steel structure:
This is actually a type of horizontal frame, but the main beam is a curved bar. With rolling frame steel structure, the structure can have columns or no columns. With this type of steel frame has many outstanding advantages as follows:
- Light load mass
- High bearing capacity
- Easy in construction, transportation and repair
- Sealed structure, waterproof.
5. Main frame from DDC steel structure
- With DDC steel structure, the main frame will meet all types of structures according to the purpose of using the work of the investor/business owner. In addition, the main frame of DDC steel structure always meets the quality requirements according to current international standards, applied in large-scale infrastructure projects, with high technical and aesthetic requirements.
- Each component is correctly and firmly connected so that when the actual erection at the construction site is ensured the feasibility of bearing strength, high sustainability, flexible connection and suitable for each function. project.
DDC steel structure projects have been done with diverse main frame types:
5.1 Vertical main frame steel structure:
5.2 Horizontal main frame steel structure:
5.3 Rolled main frame steel structure:
- With successfully completed projects, DDC steel structure with durable bearing main frame, sure to meet technical and aesthetic criteria will bring satisfaction to domestic and foreign customers.
- Bringing the Vietnamese brand name in the field of steel structure fabrication to reach out to the world in the upcoming journey.
Resoures by MKT DDC